In case you haven’t been paying attention, tomorrow is MOTHER’S DAY.
On May 11th, 2014, mothers across the country will be wishing for a day where they can…relax. That’s right, more than anything (even, jewelry!), most moms want Mother’s Day to be 24-hours (heck, we’d settle for just a couple…right?) of peace and quiet. No decision-making. No breaking up annoying sibling fights. No expectations. No cleaning. And, most of all: NO COOKING.
Don’t believe me? Check out my friend Amanda’s post on DudeMom.com – real quotes from honest moms (including moi) about what we really want for Mother’s Day. Love her!
So, back to the “no cooking” thing.
It’s Saturday. Likely most of the reservations have been filled at all the best restaurants in town. Or, maybe your budget can’t afford a dinner out. OR, maybe you don’t want to schlep the whole family out for
an exhausting a nice dinner out on Sunday with work and school the next morning. What do you do?
Look no further! Whether you need a simple breakfast, lunch, dessert or dinner idea for Mom, I’ve got you covered! And, I promise you’ll get brownie points for all your effort – nothing says, “I love you!” like a home-cooked meal. Right?
12 Easy Recipes for Mother’s Day
- Orecchiette Pasta with Parmesan and Pistachios
- My Take on Martha Stewart’s Recipe for French Toast
- Rich & Chewy Cocoa Brownies
- Farfalle with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce & Pan Seared Chicken Sausage
- Simple Grilled Chili Shrimp Soft Tacos
- Easy Blueberry Pancakes
- Spinach, Bacon & Cheese Egg Casserole (make this ahead tonight!)
- Barbecue Pork Meatballs
- Turkey Meatloaf
- Summer Couscous Salad
- Seared Salt & Pepper Shrimp over Thin Spaghetti with a Mushroom & Garlic Cream Sauce