With busy schedules, I sometimes find myself flying solo for dinner. I don’t know about you, but for me cooking for one started to feel like a drag, and after finding myself eating a bag of microwave popcorn for dinner I thought, “This can’t continue.” Cooking for myself is an interesting thing. The recipe needs to be quick, simple & satisfying, and the ingredients need to be staples in my kitchen, otherwise I
won’t can’t find the motivation to start. Garlic Shrimp Linguine fits the bill, especially when you add baguette slices that have been buttered and broiled. Mmmmm…..
Here’s what you need:
- Linguine – about 1/4 of a small box
- 8-10 frozen RAW shrimp, thawed & peeled – remove the tail too
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped (you can substitute oregano or chives, or omit entirely – still delicious!)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- Diced tomatoes for garnish (when in season)
Last step: put the buttered baguettes under the broiler for a minute, or until golden brown – I set the timer every time I make these because inevitably I forget about them & end up with burnt toast.
PS: Sometimes microwave popcorn hits the spot no matter what you can cook!