Does this ever happen to you?
You’re staring at the pantry, wondering what sort of side to make with your steak, or chicken, or whatever, when you notice a half-gone bag of almost soft potatoes sitting on the bottom shelf.
Whoops. A savvy grocery shopper would’ve meal planned well enough to have the potatoes long since used.
Me? I make a last minute meal plan and turn the bag of almost gone potatoes and 6 other ingredients into delicious….
Crispy Tender Roast Potatoes
Author: Liza | (a)Musing Foodie
- 6 medium potatoes, skins on and cut into 1″ cubes (give or take)
- 2 medium onions, sliced in large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (basil, Italian seasoning, oregano, or whatever you have on hand)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine all the ingredients, making sure the potatoes are coated well. Spread them out into a single layer on a 13×9″ baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, give the potatoes a stir, and continue roasting for an additional 20 minutes, or until they are golden with crispy edges.